Monday, August 20, 2007

Leaps and bounds

Hey Jerry,

You said want and desire are not the same thing, that we often want what we want instead of what He desires for us, and the difference is that there's no I in HE. And I pondered. Where do you think that getting to the place where what you want is what He desires comes from? What helps you to get there? Is it merely faith? Is it being truly satisfied in Him?

I read this today from Beth Moore: "Believe it or not, the ultimate goal God has for us is not power but personal intimacy with Him. Yes, God wants to bring us healing, but more than anything, He wants us to know our Healer. Yes, He wants to give us resurrection life, but more than that, He wants us to know the Resurrection and the Life...His chief objective is to keep us connected entirely to Him...My Father, You are the Lord my God. I desire to love You, listen to Your voice, and hold fast to You, for You, Lord, are my life. The giant step in the walk to faith is the one we take when we decide God no longer is a part of our lives. He is our life."

You've told me before, and maybe now I realize it. Somedays I think this is my "how much do you trust Me" moment. And I'm sure you're right, when I'm through, I will understand in a new way what depending on God, Him being enough, means. Maybe it's all a part of taking that giant step.

Talk to you soon, friend.

No comments: