Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Song of Hope

I've heard it said before by quite a few people, that there comes a point when you have to decide for yourself what you believe. Not just surfacey stuff, but deep down in your gut, would bet your life on believe. I thought I'd had that moment already. Maybe if I had, I'd be able to put my finger on it and say this is when I knew without a doubt.

It's so easy to believe God when everything's sunny, when things are easy and going just as planned. It's such a challenge when things start to go south. Even with all of the crap that I put Him through, He never ceases to amaze me, to stick by me and say, no matter what happens, I love you, and I'm not going to let you go. Just wait and see. We can plug it out day by day, I don't care. I just want you to know how much I love you and will always love you. I wish you wouldn't doubt it, doubt Me. Believe He loves me, and know in my heart what that means. And RECEIVE His love, not just know about it and understand it.

Maybe then I can say this: I am Yours regardless of the clouds that may loom above because You are much greater than the pain. You who made a way for me, suffering Your destiny. So tell me, what's a little rain? So I pray bring me joy, bring me peace, bring the chance to be free. Bring me anything that brings You glory. And I know there'll be days when this life brings me pain, but if that's what it takes to praise You, Jesus, bring the rain.

Doesn't MercyMe say it well?

I bought this shirt from Jesus Branded - The King and I (Psalm 108:6). The text description says No matter where you are, you cannot escape the reach of our God. Should you fall, His loving hand will be there to catch you, for you are his beloved and he is your King. At the top of the shirt near the collar is a falling body. At the tail are two large hands, cupped and ready to catch the falling girl. It reminds me of the faith fall. I don't know how many times I've climbed up on the little platform, put my heels over the edge, folded my arms across my chest and leaned back into a group's zippered arms. So many times I've done it without thinking, even volunteered to go last because I knew it wouldn't be difficult. This time though, every muscle in my body is tense. Even though everyday He reminds me that I am His beloved, I think He'll tire of me fighting Him, and pull His hands away. A friend of mine said the other day that He'll be there with His arms (or hands) open waiting until I decide to let go (or lean back), He's not going anywhere.

Just something to think about. Talk to you soon, friend.

No comments: